I know, I know, banana bread is all over Instagram at the moment! But, it’s just such an easy and yummy thing that you can whip up with ingredients you may have laying around the kitchen. Also, it’s also a great way of using up those leftover bananas that are starting to go a bit brown and soft!
You only need one bowl for this bake – just chuck everything in and put it in the oven! I’ve popped the recipe below along with my YouTube video incase you’d like to bake along with me. I’ve left in the bloopers and some of my clumsy moments so I apologise in advance for that, haha!
3 or 4 ripe bananas (wait until they go brown and soft)
75g melted butter
100 g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
185g plain flour
chocolate chips or just broken up chunks of chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚F).
2. In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth.
3. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
4. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth.
5. Add in the chocolate and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
6. Top with additional chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean