It’s approaching that time of year again!!
Whether you love it or cringe at the mere thought of it…you can’t escape it! As soon as Christmas was officially declared over, all festivity in the shops was cleared to make room for anything red, pink and in the shape of a heart.
So, with only a few weeks to go, I’ve put together an ultimate V day guide to help you through!
What to do…
A lot of people say Valentines day can be depressing if you’re not in a relationship but I think you should embrace it even if you’re single. Make a night of it with your girlfriends, go for a meal and then watch a violent slasher movie, just like Carrie and Miranda (without the argument of course)…
Or round up your friends and throw an Anti-Valentines Day party with the following rules:
1. Strictly no red or pink
2. Create a drinking game whereby you can’t say the word Valentine – this could get very messy
3. No mention of ex’s
Those of you who are loved up and want to celebrate this fabulous day together, here are a few ideas to make your day special…
1. Start with breakfast in bed and show your love through your food with this toast stamp!
2. Classic romantic meal. Try Benihana for a really fun and alternative meal where you can get involved in the actual cooking from the comfort of your table!
3. Whisk them off to a spa for the weekend. Spabreaks.com are brilliant for browsing the best spa breaks across the country. Pretty much every spa has a valentines special offer on too at the moment.
4. Chocolate making work shop. Okay I admit this could be seen as a bit cringe, but think of all the chocolate you will get to bring home?
5. A West End theatre date with a meal at Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden beforehand which has been voted ‘The most Romantic restaurant in London”! Have a nose at their website, it’s tres pretty.
6. Surprise your partner with a dozen roses and cook them their favourite food. Sometimes it’s the little things that mean the most.
7. The Natural History Museum are opening their doors for the evening this Valentines Day for a Beautiful tour of the wonderful and stunning parts of the museum or an Ugly tour of all things hideous. Definitely not your typical V day but so cool!
8. Who said our furry four legged friends can’t enjoy Valentines day too? Take your pooch along to the annual All Dogs Matter dog walk on Sunday 16th in Hampstead. All profits raised go to the All Dogs Matter rescue and rehoming centre, winning all round!
9. Take your partner for an evening cruise along The Thames, with champagne, canapes and live entertainment. Very romantic and surprisingly not too pricey.
What to buy…
These cards are a brilliant alternative to your typical gushy Valentine’s card, and will show your sense of humour as well as your thoughfulness.
Treat your girlfriend to any of these gifts and you can’t go wrong…
And keep your man happy with these gift ideas…
Still stuck? Just buy this romantic, simple, thoughtful, personalised gift and your other half will love you forever.
What to wear…
Now onto the most important part of all…what to wear! These gorgeous dresses should help…
What you have on under your dress is just as important ;). You can’t be caught out Bridget Jones style on V Day!
I know some people think Valentine’s day is just another ‘holiday’ which has been created as a way of making more money out of people, but you really don’t have to spend a fortune to make it special. Anyway, I always think the little things mean the most.
Whether it’s your boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend or anyone special in your life, use this day to make time out of your hectic schedule to show that person just how much they mean to you.
What’s the harm in that? 🙂
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-43428115-1’, ‘auto’);